What is data lineage?
Data lineage is the process of understanding, recording, and visualizing data as it flows from data sources to consumption. This includes all transformations the data underwent along the way—how the data was transformed, what changed, and why.
Data lineage allows companies to:
- Track errors in data processes.
- Implement process changes with lower risk.
- Perform system migrations with confidence.
- Combine data discovery with a comprehensive view of metadata, to create a data mapping framework.
- Data lineage helps users make sure their data is coming from a trusted source, has been transformed correctly, and loaded to the specified location.
Stay updated on the latest and greatest at Scribble Data
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive access to our launches and updates